In today’s research we evaluate the following hypothesis: Sometimes you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet. But that doesn’t really make sense in the world of dessert science, so our final hypothesis is: Sometimes you’ve got to crush some nuts to get yourself a delicious cake. Any nut will do, but for the purpose of this experiment, we went for walnuts. Perhaps the craziest nut? We paired them with a classic: chocolate. Because what could go wrong with chocolate!? Nothing. Nothing went wrong with the chocolate. I am not being sarcastic, it was completely fine.
You can find the recipe here, and these were the steps taken:
- Crush them nuts real good.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and add some cocoa for EXTRA yummy chocolateness.
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Beat the egg whites stiff while slowly adding sugar. Proper stiff, until you can hold the bowl upside down and it stays put, kinda stiff.
- Mix flour with the egg yolk, sugar and whatever else the recipe asks for.
- Time to make a mess by adding the chocolate mixture.
- Gently stir in the egg whites.
- Pour your mixture into a baking tin and get the whole thing in an oven.
- Delicious cake accomplished, science verified! And all it took was some crushed nuts and lots of chocolate. Dreams do come true.